Gaumard Scientific, Inc Legal Information
1. Information Collection
When you visit the Site, Gaumard may collect information about you and your browsing habits. The information we collect depends on the pages of our website you visit and what you do during your visit.
Gaumard may collect information from you automatically when you visit our website, which may include the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer; the type of browser and software operating system you use; the date and time you access our website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site. Several companies offer tools that allow people to browse the web anonymously. If you use these tools, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Site, including any personalized features, because we cannot recognize you and your computer. However, we want to ensure you know such tools are available.
For most of the browsing services on the Site, Gaumard does not require your personal information. There are portions of the Site where you will be given the option to provide information about you, such as Site registrations, newsletter requests, surveys, order forms, or otherwise. The information that you may be asked to provide includes your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Depending on your request and other circumstances, other information may also be collected. It is your discretion and determination whether to provide such information. If you decide not to provide such information Gaumard may be unable to complete your request.
2. Use of the Information
Gaumard uses the information it collects (whether submitted by you or automatically collected) to respond to your requests, to provide you with information that Gaumard thinks may be of interest to you, to improve the content and functionality of the Site, and to operate its business. Gaumard may also disclose your information to its affiliates, agents, and other third parties pursuant to agreements under which Gaumard will describe how such third party may use the information
Additionally, Gaumard may disclose part or all of a user's personal information when Gaumard believes, in good faith, that the law requires or compels such disclosure, or when Gaumard has good faith reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect Gaumard’s rights or property, the rights of another user, or to prevent harm. Further, Gaumard may disclose information provided by you as part of any merger, sale, acquisition, or other acquisition of some or all of Gaumard or its assets. In addition, Gaumard may disclose aggregated data and statistics regarding the Site to prospective partners, advertisers, web developers, and other third parties in the course of business, to improve the Site, and other lawful purposes.
3. Your Choices
If you do not want to receive calls, e-mail, or other mail from Gaumard, please contact us at email@example.com. If you do not want to receive legal notices or other communications from Gaumard, it is your responsibility to review and monitor the Site for such notices and communications.
4. Underage Customers
This Site is not designated nor intended to collect information from children under the age of 13. In addition, Gaumard does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Gaumard markets our products and services exclusively to adults. If you are younger than age 18, you may use our website only with the permission and involvement of your parents or guardian.
5. Links to Third-Party Websites
When you click on links on the Site and the Internet that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. Gaumard cannot and does not accept responsibility for the contents or actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
7. Questions or Comments
Gaumard Scientific Company, Inc.
14700 SW 136 Street
Miami, FL 33196
1-800-882-6655 (U.S. Toll Free)
Sales Terms and Conditions
GAUMARD SALES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Gaumard Scientific Company, Inc. (“Gaumard”) Sales Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the sale or use of Gaumard equipment (“Equipment”), Software (“Software” as defined in paragraph 13), and supplies (“Supplies”), collectively referred to as “Product” or “Products” between Gaumard and the entity named on the applicable Gaumard Purchase Order (“Customer”) (collectively, “Party” or “Parties”). The Parties, intending to be legally bound, agree as follows.
- Agreement. Customer agrees to purchase from Gaumard the Products set forth in quotes and purchase orders accepted by both Customer and Gaumard. These Terms, along with any Exhibits, any applicable Gaumard Purchase Order documents, Gaumard Warranty documents, Gaumard Cares Service Plan documents, and any other purchasing or service documents executed by the Parties constitute the complete and entire agreement between Gaumard and Customer (collectively referred to herein as the “Agreement”). This Agreement will supersede all other quotations, agreements, understandings, warranties, and representations (whether written or oral) between the Parties with respect to the subject matter set forth in the Agreement. Any Customer documentation (including Customer’s purchase order terms and conditions) that conflicts with or attempts to modify the Agreement in any way is hereby rejected and of no effect unless specifically agreed to in writing and signed by the Parties. No provision of this Agreement shall be waived, amended, modified, superseded, canceled, terminated, renewed, or extended except in a written document signed by both Parties or signed by the Party against whom the modification is sought to be enforced. This agreement can be terminated by Gaumard without cause by giving thirty (30) days prior written notice to Customer.
- Prices. Prices, fees, and charges for Products and services (including maintenance, installation, and training as described in the applicable Gaumard Purchase Order documents, Gaumard Warranty documents, Gaumard Cares Service Plan documents) (“Service” or “Services”) are payable in United States (U.S.) Dollars only, and do not include any applicable taxes or shipping charges. If Customer claims any tax exemption, it must furnish a valid tax exemption certificate before shipment of Products. Unless such certificate is furnished, Customer agrees to pay at its sole expense all applicable taxes, assessments, fees, penalties, import duties, and merchandise processing fees that may be levied or assessed upon Customer or Gaumard with respect to this Agreement, the Products, or any interest thereon. Gaumard reserves the right to increase prices on thirty (30) days written notice to Customer.
- Payment. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Gaumard, Customer shall pay invoices net twenty (20) days from the invoice date. A late charge will be due on any unpaid balance at a rate of 1.0% per month or the maximum rate otherwise permitted by law, whichever is lower. Gaumard may charge interest at the maximum rate permitted by law on all amounts not paid by the invoice due date. Gaumard retains a purchase money security interest in all Products sold to Customer to secure payment of the total purchase price thereof. Customer hereby grants Gaumard the right to file a copy of this Agreement with any appropriate authorities to evidence this security interest. Customer agrees to execute and deliver such other documents as Gaumard may request in connection therewith. Gaumard shall not be obligated to deliver any Product or perform any Service during any period when Customer payment is past due. Customer will be responsible for all costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Gaumard to collect overdue payments and/or to take possession or otherwise dispose of Products for which payment is overdue.
- Product Shipment and Risk of Loss. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Gaumard All Products will be shipped F.O.B. Origin, regardless of any provisions for payments of freight, insurance, the form of shipping documents, or selection of carrier by Gaumard. F.O.B. Origin means title to the Products passes to the Customer at the shipping dock of Gaumard or Gaumard’s supplier or authorized agent. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and for the cost of insurance paid to cover any losses from Gaumard’s shipment point to Customer’s receipt. Gaumard will assist Customer in processing any loss claims. Gaumard shall use reasonable efforts to meet the specified delivery dates. If Gaumard fails to make delivery within a reasonable time for reasons other than Customer’s fault or circumstances beyond Gaumard’s reasonable control, then Customer’s only remedy is the right to terminate the applicable Purchase Order, whereupon Gaumard will refund any prepayments received from Customer relating to such Purchase Order.
- Installation and Acceptance. Product orders are subject to 1) written acceptance by Gaumard, 2) receipt of specified deposits, as applicable and 3) continuing credit approval. If applicable, Gaumard will install Equipment at an agreed upon location ("Installation"). Installation shall be complete upon Gaumard's demonstration that the Equipment meets Gaumard's then-current operating specifications ("Installation"). Installation is subject to Customer cooperating in preparing and maintaining the site in compliance with Gaumard specifications, including but not limited to, applicable electrical and other connection regulations and all environmental conditions. If Customer fails to accept shipment of Products other than for breach of warranty, Customer shall immediately pay the full purchase price as if shipment and Installation had occurred. If Customer fails to accept Products and if Gaumard decides to store ordered Products, Customer shall be responsible for Gaumard's reasonable insurance, handling, and storage charges. If Gaumard elects not to store ordered Products, Gaumard may arrange shipment and storage in a bonded warehouse at Customer's sole risk and expense.
- Delay of Performance. The Parties’ obligations under this Agreement are subject to force majeure, including but not limited to, civil insurrection, terrorism, fire, flood, labor disputes, shortages, delays of suppliers or contractors, or government priority systems, actions taken or threatened by any governmental agencies, acts of God or other contingencies or acts not within the sole control of the Parties. Gaumard reserves the right during any shortage period to (a) make Supplies available to Customer (as it sees fit) without any liability to Customer, and (b) to make substitutions and modifications in the specification of any Products, provided such substitutions or modifications do not materially affect the performance of Products.
- WARRANTIES. Gaumard warrants that if a Product proves to be defective in material or workmanship within one year from the date on which title to the Product passes to the Customer (“Warranty Period”), Gaumard will, at Gaumard's option, repair or replace the Gaumard product. This limited warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in the Gaumard product, except: (a) Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, or unintended use of the Gaumard product; (b) Damage resulting from failure to properly maintain the Gaumard product in accordance with Gaumard product instructions, including failure to properly clean the Gaumard product; and (c) Damage resulting from a repair or attempted repair of the Gaumard product by anyone other than Gaumard or a Gaumard representative. Replacement parts are warranted for the remainder of the Warranty Period or ninety (90) days from shipment, whichever is longer. Services are warranted to be supplied in a workman-like manner. Gaumard does not warrant that use of the Products will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the Products will operate with non-Gaumard authorized third-party products. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SUCH LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN SOLELY TO THE ORIGINAL CUSTOMER AND IS NOT GIVEN TO ANY THIRD PARTY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBSEQUENT PURCHASERS OR USERS OF THE PRODUCTS OR CUSTOMERS OF THE CUSTOMER. THIS WARRANTY IS VOID UPON TRANSFER OF PRODUCT BY CUSTOMER TO ANY OTHER ENTITY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. These warranties do not apply to any Products that are supplied on a pre-release or “as-is” basis.
- Warranty Claims and Remedies. In the event of any warranty claim, Gaumard will replace with new or repaired items any Product part or component that is in breach of the above limited warranties. Alternatively, Gaumard may elect to repay or credit to Customer an amount equal to the purchase price of the defective Product. Items replaced shall become Gaumard property. All claims shall be initiated by contacting Gaumard within the applicable Warranty Period and within thirty (30) days after discovery of the non-conformity. If Customer has failed to notify Gaumard within the Warranty Period, then Customer shall be barred from instituting any action thereafter. Customer shall not return the Product to Gaumard without prior authorization from Gaumard. If the necessary repairs to the Product are covered by this limited warranty, then Customer will pay only the incidental expenses associated with the repair, including any shipping, handling, and related costs for sending the product to Gaumard and for sending the product back to the first purchaser. However, if the repairs are not covered by this limited warranty, then Customer will be liable for all repair costs in addition to costs of shipping and handling. Upon request, Gaumard must be given access to and an opportunity to inspect the Product and any working areas and storage areas. These remedies shall comprise Gaumard’s entire liability and Customer’s exclusive remedy for breach of warranty and are in lieu of any other remedies at law or equity.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY. GAUMARD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, OR USE), DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING FROM THE SALE, HANDLING, SERVICE, OR USE OF PRODUCT OR SERVICES ORDERED OR FURNISHED, OR FROM ANY CAUSE RELATING THERETO. EXCEPT FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH TO THE EXTENT RESULTING FROM GAUMARD’S NEGLIGENT OR INTENTIONALLY WRONGFUL ACTS OR OMISSIONS, IN NO EVENT SHALL GAUMARD BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY OR FOR ANY CAUSE RELATED TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE PRICE, FEE, OR CHARGE RECEIVED BY GAUMARD FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
- Governmental Authorizations. Customer is responsible for compliance and costs associated with all required licenses, permits, or other governmental authorizations, including but not limited to, any license or certification needed for Customer to use the Product, and any export or import license, exchange permit, or the like (“Licenses”), even if applied for by Gaumard on Customer’s behalf. If any authorization is delayed, denied, revoked, restricted, or not renewed, Gaumard shall not be liable, and Customer is not relieved of its obligations. Customer represents and agrees that it will handle all Product and technical data related to the Licenses so that it conforms to all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including U.S. export licensing laws and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Customer shall not trans-ship, divert, re-export or otherwise dispose of any U.S. origin goods or technology obtained from Gaumard except as U.S. laws and regulations expressly permit.
Gaumard agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Customer, its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors harmless from and against all loss, damage, liability, cost and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) by reason of any claims or actions by third parties against Customer for (1) bodily injury or death, and damage, loss or destruction of any real or tangible personal property, which third party claims arise out of or relate to Gaumard’s gross negligence or willful misconduct or (2) infringement or misappropriation by Gaumard of any intellectual property rights under this Agreement.
- Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Gaumard, its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors harmless from and against all loss, damage, liability, cost and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) by reason of any claims or actions by third parties against Gaumard for (1) bodily injury or death or damage, loss or destruction of any real or tangible personal property, which third party claims arise out of or relate to Customer’s gross negligence or willful misconduct; (2) infringement or misappropriation by Customer of any intellectual property rights; or (3) Customer’s or its customer’s use of the Products or Services, including without limitation, defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, or violation of the rights of privacy or publicity, or spamming or any other tortious or illegal conduct.
- Software License. For purposes of these Terms, the term “Software” includes all Gaumard computer software, firmware, and associated documentation, whether in printed or machine-readable form, supplied by reason of this Agreement or for use in connection with Equipment or Services. To the extent the Product includes Software, Customer’s use of the Software is governed by the Gaumard End User License Agreement attached as Exhibit A to these Terms.
- Confidential Information. Customer shall maintain the confidentiality of any information provided or disclosed by Gaumard relating to the Software (as defined above), business or customers of Gaumard, as well as this Agreement and its terms (including the pricing and other financial terms under which the Customer will be obtaining the Services hereunder). Customer shall use reasonable care to protect the confidentiality of Gaumard’s information disclosed, but no less than the degree of care it would use to protect its own confidential information, and shall only disclose Gaumard’s confidential information to its employees and agents having a need to know this information and who are subject to confidentiality agreements having terms at least as restrictive as those contained herein. The obligations of confidentiality set forth herein shall not apply to any information in the public domain at the time of disclosure.
- Intended Uses. Products are only intended for the uses described in the applicable user’s manual or instructions for use. Customer assumes all risks associated with non-listed uses of Products and hereby indemnifies and holds Gaumard harmless from any claim associated with such non-listed uses.
- Compliance with Laws. Gaumard and Customer agree to comply with all federal and state laws that govern the enforceability and performance of this Agreement.
- HIPAA Compliance. As of the Effective date, the Parties are not planning to transfer any personal patient information between them. However, the Parties understand and agree that this Agreement may become subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended (“HIPAA”), the privacy and security regulations promulgated thereunder, including 45 C.F.R. 160, 162 and 164, as amended (the “HIPAA Regulations”), and Title XIII of Division A and Title IV of Division B (the “Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”), part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Pub. L. 111-5) (“ARRA”). The Parties agree to strictly comply with HIPAA and to execute any documents that may be required by HIPAA, HITECH, and any other applicable federal or state privacy laws and regulations. The Parties agree that if they directly or indirectly gain access to Protected Health Information (“PHI”) held by the other Party during any interaction, the receiving Party will keep the PHI confidential under the terms of this Agreement
- State Reporting and Disclosure Laws. Unless otherwise noted in this Agreement, the cost of any Product training provided by Gaumard shall be included in the purchase price of the Product where applicable. Customer acknowledges and agrees that state reporting laws may require Gaumard to disclose certain aspects of this arrangement.
- Fraud and Abuse. Gaumard hereby certifies that it is not currently a listed vendor in the: (a) Federal General Services Administration’s “List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement or Nonprocurement Programs” in accordance with Presidential Executive Orders 12549 and 12689 “Debarment and Suspension;” and (b) in the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services’ “List of Excluded Individuals/Entities.” Any discounted pricing terms offered under this Agreement may be a “discount or other reduction in price” under the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7b(b). Customer shall take all actions necessary to comply with the Anti-Kickback Statute discount safe harbor regulations, 42 C.F.R. § 1001.952(h), including but not limited to, (1) maintaining accurate records reflecting the pricing terms of items and Services purchased under this Agreement, (2) fully and accurately report any discount received under this Agreement if applicable, and (3) make available information provided to Customer by Gaumard concerning cost reports and other filings with the government, including but not limited to, the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or other state agencies.
- Bankruptcy. Except as may be prohibited by applicable bankruptcy laws, a Party to this Agreement may elect to terminate this Agreement (including any Purchase Orders) if any of the following situations arise: (1) the other Party becomes insolvent or is unable to pay debts as they become due; (2) a voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy proceeding is instituted by or against a Party hereto; or (3) an appointment of a receiver or assignee for the benefit of creditors occurs on behalf of a Party hereto.
- Waiver and Severability. If either Party fails to perform obligations under this Agreement, such nonperformance shall not affect the other Party’s right to enforce performance at any time. Waiver of any remedy or material breach of any subject matter contained in this Agreement shall not be viewed as a waiver unless agreed to by the Parties in writing. Each provision of this Agreement is separate and independent of one another, and the unenforceability of any provision will not affect the enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is held to be excessively broad or unenforceable, such provision shall be modified so that it is enforceable to the fullest extent possible by law.
- Assignment. Customer shall not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Gaumard, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Subject to the foregoing, the rights and obligations herein will be binding upon the successors and assigns of Customer.
- Notices. Any required notices will be given in writing to Gaumard as set forth in the applicable Gaumard Purchase Order or other purchasing document.
Governing Law. Upon execution, this Agreement shall be governed and viewed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. Customer and Gaumard specifically agree that any action relating to the relationship between the Parties, the Agreement, or Products provided, purchased or licensed hereunder, shall be brought and tried in the Courts of Dade County, Florida. Customer waives all objections to, and consents to the jurisdiction of such Courts.
- Miscellaneous. See applicable Gaumard Purchase Order documents, Gaumard Warranty documents, and Gaumard Cares Service Plan documents for other terms and conditions, which may include, but are not limited to: Term, Termination, Customer Training and Support, and Product Repairs and Tune Ups.
Website Use Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least 16 years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Gaumard Scientific and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Redistribute material from this website except, for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Gaumard Scientific express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without Gaumard Scientific express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Gaumard Scientific reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at Gaumard Scientific’s discretion.
If Gaumard Scientific provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
Gaumard Scientific may disable your user ID and password in Gaumard Scientific sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Gaumard Scientific a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Gaumard Scientific the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Gaumard Scientific or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Gaumard Scientific reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Gaumard Scientific servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Gaumard Scientific makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Gaumard Scientific does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical, matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Gaumard Scientific will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Gaumard Scientific has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Gaumard Scientific liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Gaumard Scientific negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Gaumard Scientific; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Gaumard Scientific to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Gaumard Scientific has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Gaumard Scientific officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Gaumard Scientific officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Gaumard Scientific.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Gaumard Scientific and undertake to keep Gaumard Scientific indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Gaumard Scientific to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Gaumard Scientific legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Gaumard Scientific arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Gaumard Scientific other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Gaumard Scientific may take such action as Gaumard Scientific deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Gaumard Scientific may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Gaumard Scientific may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Gaumard Scientific rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions, constitute the entire agreement between you and Gaumard Scientific in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Florida’s governing law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Gaumard Scientific details
The full name of Gaumard Scientific is Gaumard Scientific, Inc.
This document was created using a contractology template available at freenetlaw.com
Gaumard End User License Agreement
1.1 “Gaumard Documentation” means the Gaumard user and operations manuals, guides, and related materials provided by Gaumard to End User to facilitate use of the Gaumard Products.
1.2 “Gaumard Equipment” means Gaumard hardware components for medical simulation and training, including manikins and associated instrumentation, and other hardware and tangible products sold by Gaumard to End User.
1.3 “Gaumard Products” means Gaumard Software licensed and Gaumard Equipment sold or otherwise made available by Gaumard to End User currently or in the future.
1.4 “Gaumard Software” means the object code form of computer programs and Gaumard Documentation owned by Gaumard or its licensors and licensed to End User in accordance with this EULA. Gaumard Software includes (a) computer programs embedded in firmware in the Gaumard Equipment; (b) computer programs embedded in a separate medium (such as CD or flash drive) for use in conjunction with the Gaumard Equipment; (c) computer programs downloaded or received via mail from Gaumard; (d) computer programs used on servers storing or processing data related to the Gaumard Products; and (e) computer programs used to create and manage a network for the Gaumard Equipment, interface with the components of the Gaumard Equipment, manage and compute location information related to the Gaumard Equipment, and monitor health of the Gaumard Equipment.
2. Software License and Restrictions
2.1 “License” Subject to End User’s compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, the Gaumard Sales Terms and Conditions, the Purchase Order, and the Gaumard Cares Service Plan Agreement, Gaumard grants End User a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as otherwise set forth herein), personal license to execute and use the Gaumard Software for End User’s internal purposes, but only so long as the Gaumard Software is installed on the Gaumard Product on which it was originally installed. End User may not, directly or indirectly, sell, sublicense, display, timeshare, loan, lease, distribute, or create derivative works of the Gaumard Software.
2.2 “Ownership” All rights, title, and interest in and to the Gaumard Software, and any derivative works thereof, whether created by Gaumard, End User, or a third party, will remain at all times solely and exclusively owned by Gaumard. Nothing in this EULA or the Purchase Order will be construed to grant End User any rights of any kind with respect to the Gaumard Software, except as expressly set forth in this EULA.
2.3 “Reverse Engineering and Other Restrictions” End User will not, and will not allow any third party to, tamper with, modify, decompile, disassemble, derive the source code of, reverse engineer, or attempt to obtain the internal design of the Gaumard Software or Gaumard Products for any purpose whatsoever (collectively, “Restricted Acts”). If applicable law permits End User to take any of the Restricted Acts notwithstanding the previous prohibition, and End User wishes to take any Restricted Act notwithstanding the previous prohibition, End User will first provide Gaumard with thirty (30) days prior written notice. Gaumard may terminate this EULA at any time during such notice period without liability arising from such termination. The parties agree that all information needed for interoperability is available from Gaumard in accordance with applicable government directives.
2.4 “Updates” From time to time Gaumard may develop new versions or updates for the Gaumard Software that may be made available to the End User as agreed under the terms of the Gaumard Sales Terms and Conditions, Gaumard Purchase Order documents, Gaumard Warranty documents, or Gaumard Cares Service Plan documents. Unless otherwise agreed to by Gaumard, End User shall be responsible for installing the provided new versions or updates for the Gaumard Software.
2.5 “Proprietary Notices” End User agrees to maintain and reproduce on all copies of the Gaumard Software, any names, logos, copyright notices, trademarks, other proprietary markings, and legends that appear on the Gaumard Software.
2.6 “Control of Duplication” End User will not, nor will it allow any third party to, circumvent the protection controlling the duplication or use of the Gaumard Software, for example and without limitation, any software lock controlling the number of copies End User may make of the Gaumard Software.
2.7 “No Source Code” End User acknowledges and agrees that its rights under this EULA do not include rights to source code. In its exercise of the rights granted under this EULA, End User agrees not to take any action that would result in any requirement to disclose or make available to other parties the Gaumard Software in source code format.
2.8 “Certification” Upon thirty (30) days written notice to End User from Gaumard, End User shall certify End User’s compliance with the restrictions and obligations in this EULA. Such requests will not occur more frequently than once per calendar year. If End User has used the Gaumard Software in violation of this EULA, End User shall, in addition to any other remedies Gaumard may have, pay Gaumard additional fees for the excess use according to Gaumard’s then-current price list and policies, plus a late payment charge of one percent (1.0%) per month (or the highest amount allowed by applicable law, if lower) for each month of excess use from the date of initial excess use.
3. Term and Termination
3.1 “Term” This EULA commences on the Effective Date and continues perpetually, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the terms hereof.
3.2 “Termination for Cause” This EULA is automatically terminated by Gaumard if the other party materially breaches this EULA, the Gaumard Sales Terms and Conditions, the Purchase Order, or the Gaumard Cares Service Plan Agreement. In addition, Gaumard may terminate this EULA if (a) End User becomes insolvent or makes an assignment for the benefit of End User’s creditors; or (b) a receiver is appointed or a petition in bankruptcy is filed with respect to End User and such petition is not dismissed within thirty (30) days.
3.3 “Effect of Termination” Upon the termination of this EULA for any reason, all licenses granted in Section 2 above will immediately cease and terminate. Upon termination, End User will immediately cease using the Gaumard Software.
3.4 “Survival”Sections 3 through 6 will survive the termination of this EULA.
4. Confidential Information; Trademarks
4.1 “Confidential Information” End User acknowledges and agrees that the Gaumard Software is confidential information and contains trade secrets of Gaumard. End User agrees to (i) hold the Gaumard Software in the strictest confidence, (ii) not disclose the Gaumard Software to any third party for any purpose, and (iii) use at least the same security measures as End User to protect its own confidential and trade secret information but no less than reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of the Gaumard Software. End User agrees and acknowledges that any breach of the provisions regarding ownership or confidentiality contained in this Agreement shall cause Gaumard irreparable harm and Gaumard may obtain injunctive relief without the requirement to post a bond as well as seek all others remedies available to Gaumard in law and in equity in the event of breach or threatened breach of such provisions.