SUSIE® - Clinical Nursing Patient Simulator with OMNI® 2
Perfect for both skills training and clinical simulation experiences.
SUSIE is realistic and completely wireless and tetherless. This means learners can practice correct techniques and use real devices in the skills lab and apply them in team building in-situ scenarios.
A Complete Solution Built For
Achieving Outcome-Focused Success
Achieving Outcome-Focused Success
Includes 10 Nursing Simulation Learning Experiences (SLEs), a Facilitator's Guide, and OMNI 2 Wireless Control Interface.
Gaumard Nursing Simulation Learning Experiences
The Gaumard Nursing Simulation Learning Experiences (SLEs) provide a learning resource comprised of 10 outcome-focused scenarios designed to replicate a clinical situation. Each comes complete with a detailed facilitator guide for setting up, planning, and facilitating the learning experience.
Includes 10 interactive OMNI 2 scenarios and companion guide
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Respiratory Distress and Syndrome Secondary to Motor Vehicle Crash
- Asthma Attack
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary and Disorder Exacerbation
- Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance
- Heart Failure
- New Onset Diabetes
Each Nursing SLE includes the following
- Purpose of the SLE
- Evidence-based rationale for the topic
- Learning objectives of the SLE
- Competencies addressed
- Psycho-motor skills needed for successful participation
- Patient's medical history
- Supplies needed for the scenario
- Provider's orders
- Pre-briefing report to be given to students
- Scenario timeline with facilitator cues
- Scenario flowchart
Each Nursing SLE is mapped to the outcomes expected of nursing program graduates
- NCLEX-RN® Test Blueprint
- BSN Essentials
- QSEN competencies
- IPEC core competencies
Select from pre-recorded speeches or be the voice of SUSIE® and communicate with caregivers for enriched patient-provider interactions.
Normal and abnormal airway, heart, lung and bowel sounds.
Bilateral IV access for bolus and/or infusion training. Shoulder and thigh IM sites.
Practice tracheostomy care procedures including cleaning and cannula insertion safely.
Supports nasogastric feeding, and suctioning using real fluids.
Attach real ECG electrodes and monitor rhythms in real time. Capture, cardiovert, and pace using a real defibrillator and pads.
Blood pressure can be taken using a BP cuff, palpation, or auscultation methods.
Interchangeable male/female genitalia allows catheterization; rectum supports enemas and removing intestinal fluids introduced via NG tube.
eCPR™ - Monitor CPR quality metrics in real-time including rate and compression depth, no-flow time, and excessive ventilation.
Control at Your Fingertips. Just Tap and Go.
OMNI 2 makes it easier than ever to drive scenarios, monitor performance, and capture participants' actions for data-rich debriefing sessions. OMNI 2 is simple to operate with touchscreen controls and an intuitive layout that lets you manage physiological changes while remaining focused on the training
*Virtual Patient Monitor is an optional product
Wireless Virtual Patient Monitor Support
Train measurement, interpretation, and documentation of vital signs to improve planning and decision making skills. The Gaumard® virtual patient monitor mimics standard patient monitors readings including: temp, HR, RR, pre and post-ductal OSAT, BP, glucose, and much more.
eCPR™ - Real-time Resuscitation Feedback
Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your CPR training by monitoring metrics such as rate and depth in real-time. eCPR also offers performance reports to help you identify weak areas in performance and for keeping records of your training sessions .
- Full-body adult patient
- Tetherless and wireless; fully responsive during transport
- Wireless control at distances of up to 40 ft.
- Realistic joint articulation
- Compatible with optional vital signs patient monitor
- OMNI 2 ready
- Preprogrammed speech responses
- Wireless streaming voice
- Oral and nasal endotracheal intubation/suctioning
- Sensors detect depth of intubation
- Tracheostomy care
- Selectable airway sounds
- NG/OG intubation and feeding
- Bowel sounds
- Patent stoma sites
- Colostomy, ileostomy, and stoma care
- Rectum supports enemas
- Male/Female catheterization
- Visible chest rise with BVM ventilation
- Ventilations are measured and logged
- Normal and abnormal lung sounds
- Normal and abnormal heart sounds, rates, and intensities
- ECG monitoring using real devices
- eCPR™ sensors; Chest compressions and ventilations are measured and logged in real-time
- Monitor, capture, pace, and cardiovert using a real defibrillator
- Bilateral IV training arms and IM sites
- Measurable blood pressure and audible Korotkoff sounds
- Bilateral (automatic) carotid, radial, femoral, and pedal pulses
GYN and Breast Exam
- Advanced GYN exam with optional interchangeable uteri and cervices
- Practice breast examination techniques. Compatible with optional BSE training kit